Effective May 25, 2018
Aktana, Inc. and its affiliates worldwide (“Aktana” or “we” or “us”) are committed to protecting the privacy of the users (“you” or “user”) of its Internet websites and applications, and the related services we provide through the Internet, in person, through the telephone or through use of electronic communications (individually and collectively, the “Services”).
If you have any concerns or questions about your privacy or use of our Services, please contact us as provided below in the section “How to Contact Us.”
- CHILDREN UNDER 13. Children under the age of 13 should not send us Personal Data. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Data from children who are under the age of 13. If we become aware that an individual under the age of 13 is submitting information to us, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
- CONSENT TO INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF INFORMATION. Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries or jurisdictions that may not have the same data protection laws, or provide as much protection to Personal Data, as the country where you reside. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer and storage of your Personal Data to any other country in which we or our service providers maintain facilities.
- TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT. We collect both Personal Data and Anonymous Data from you when you use our Services or when you send us information or communications. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to Personal Data and does not permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
5.1 Personal Data You Provide to Us. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail or through our Services (e.g., in response to a posted employment opportunity), we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the feedback or e-mail, in order to send you a reply. When you participate in one of our surveys, request information or establish an account with us, we may collect additional profile information. We do not collect your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or other contact information unless you choose to provide that information.
5.2 Personal Data Collected through Technology. Our computer systems (or those of our service providers) may electronically collect information about you when you use our Services. The information collected may be machine generated and may include, for example, the domain name of your Internet provider, your browser type, time zone, language, operating system, date of the visit, URL of the last webpage visited before visiting our Website, and URL of the first page you visit after leaving our Website, pages viewed, time spent on a page, click through and clickstream data, queries made, search results selected, history, or comments made. When we send you an electronic communication, such as an e-mail, we may collect certain information, such as the action taken upon receipt of the e-mail (for instance, whether you opened or deleted the e-mail).
5.3 Personal Data Collected from Third Parties. We may obtain information from third parties with whom we do business, such as in connection with a trade show or webinar or through public databases, social media or joint marketing partners.
- USE OF YOUR DATA.
6.1 General Use. We use Personal Data collected from users for the following purposes:
- To provide the Services requested by a user.
- To respond to user questions and other requests for information made through the Services.
- To forward administrative information to the user.
- To send marketing information, invitations to events or other communications that we believe may be of interest to the user.
- To keep records of contact information and correspondence.
- To remember a user’s preferences, such as language, font size and communication type, and the user’s interests regarding subject matter.
- To personalize a user’s online experience, including the provision of content addressing a user’s preferences or interests and expediting the processing and completion of a transaction.
- To administer our Services, diagnose technical problems, and otherwise manage our business.
- To allow a user to navigate or browse through our Services more quickly and efficiently.
- To determine the approximate location of each user, calculate usage levels, diagnose server problems, and in general to administer the Services, in each case through use of a user’s IP address.
- To improve, enhance or modify our business and the Services through data analysis, audits, security and fraud monitoring and prevention.
- To aggregate information and create Anonymous Data, as described below.
- To perform other functions or processes described to the user at the time of collection of the Personal Data.
6.2 Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve site navigation. We reserve the right to use and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties for research, analytic or strategic purposes.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
7.4 Disclosure to Third Party Service Providers. Except as otherwise stated in this policy, we do not generally sell, trade, share, or rent the Personal Data collected from our Services to other entities. However, we may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to provide you with the Services; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; or to provide technical support. These third party service providers are contractually required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services we request. You expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Data with our third party service providers for the sole purpose of providing the Services.
7.5 Disclosure for Direct Marketing Purposes. We currently do not share Personal Data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes without the express consent of the user.
7.6 Social Media. The Services may provide links to third party social media services (e.g., LinkedIn and Facebook) where a user is able to post comments. These third party services may collect, retain and share information about a user, and use of such third party services is subject to the terms and conditions of their privacy policies. Please note that any information that is posted or disclosed through social media may be available to us, to other users of that service or to the public. We recommend caution when using these features.
7.7 Third Party Links. The Services may contain links to third party websites to provide additional information or for the purposes of communication with such third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of those third parties, and strongly encourage you to read and understand their privacy policies.
- YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
8.2 Changes to and Deletion of Personal Data. You may request that we change or delete any of your Personal Data in your account by sending an e-mail to us at the e-mail address set forth below. However, we may be required (by law or otherwise) to retain this information and not delete it (or to retain this information for a certain time period, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). In regions where there is a right to erasure (right to be forgotten) with respect to your Personal Data, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such Personal Data without undue delay. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
- SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA. We use a variety of technical, organizational and administrative measures to protect user information that we possess against unauthorized or unlawful access or processing, and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, We believe that these measures are reasonably adapted to the nature and types of information in our custody, However, even though we take reasonable efforts to protect the information in our custody, no transmission over the Internet and no data storage or security system is fully secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that we may receive from you or transmit to you.
- DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS. Some browsers give individuals the ability to communicate that they wish not to be tracked while browsing on the Internet. The Internet industry has not yet agreed on a definition of what “Do Not Track” means, how compliance with “Do Not Track” would be measured or evaluated, or a common approach to responding to a “Do Not Track” signal. Consequently, due to the lack of guidance, we have not yet developed features that would recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals in response to the laws of California or any other jurisdiction.
If you are located in the European Union or United Kingdom:
Building 1, Spaces, Chalfont Park, Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, SL9 0BG, United Kingdom
If you are located in any country other than the countries listed above:
Aktana, Inc., Attn: Data Protection Officer, 207 Powell Street, Suite 800, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA