The GDPR is a comprehensive European data protection law that provides greater data rights for individuals. Aktana is committed to protecting privacy, and it is reflected in the way we build products and work with our partners and customers. In addition to updating our customer agreements to reflect GDPR requirements, we have also created this question-and-answer guide to outline our practices around Personal Data we collect from users of our website and related services.
- What types of data does Aktana collect? Aktana collects Personal Data and Anonymous Data from you when you visit our site and when you send us information or communications as described below.
- Personal Data allows someone to identify or contact you, e.g., your name, address, telephone number, email address, and any other non-public information about you.
- Anonymous Data is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data. It does not permit the identification of individual persons. Aktana collects both Personal Data and Anonymous Data.
- How does Aktana use the information collected? Aktana takes your privacy very seriously, and only uses your personal data for the following activities:
- To provide the Services requested by a user.
- To respond to user questions and other requests for information made through the Services.
- To remember a user’s preferences, such as language, font size and communication type, and the user’s interests regarding subject matter.
- To personalize a user’s online experience, including the provision of content addressing a user’s preferences or interests and expediting the processing and completion of a transaction.
- To administer our Services, diagnose technical problems, and otherwise manage our business.
- To allow a user to navigate or browse through our Services more quickly and efficiently.
- To aggregate information and create Anonymous Data.
- To send marketing information, invitations to events or other communications that we believe may be of interest to the user.
Aktana will only use this information to send you communications you have opted into receiving. You may update your preferences at any time.
How can I make changes to (or remove) my Personal Data? You may request that we change or delete any of your Personal Data in your account by sending an e-mail to us at the e-mail address set forth below. However, we may be required (by law or otherwise) to retain this information and not delete it (or to retain this information for a certain time period, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). In regions where there is a right to erasure (right to be forgotten) with respect to your Personal Data, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such Personal Data without undue delay. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
How does Aktana secure Personal Data? Aktana is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Despite these measures, you should know that no transmission over the internet can ever be considered fully secure, and that Aktana cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Data.
- What control do I have of my Personal Data? You can adjust your communication preferences on the subscription management page. These settings allow you to control which types communications you receive from Aktana, including the ability to opt out of marketing communications entirely.
How can I remove my Personal Data ? You can ask us to delete any record we have with your detailed personal information at any time. Please contact our legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org and our Data Protection Officer will contact you shortly.
Feel free to contact us if you have additional questions.
All materials have been prepared for general information purposes only; they are intended to permit you to learn more about Aktana’s position on GDPR. The information presented is not legal advice, is not to be acted on as such, may not be current and is subject to change without notice.